Thursday, April 11, 2013

Small Town Framingham, heroes..

Did you know we had a parachute factory in Framingham during the war.  My Mom worked there, and she told me that packing the chutes was critical, because if they were packed wrong, the person using the chute would die!  I was so impressed as a child that we could help in Framingham and that my Mom was helping.  She would sit in her chair at night and knit for the soldiers too...My Mom was not the only Mom, or Dad, that did whatever they could for the troops.  We were all in the war together, at home as well as on the front!  Air mail was read almost daily as 5 Uncles longed to hear the news from home....+Robert Powell's father, my uncle Cam...+Robert DeCenzo, and Paul DeCenzo's father, my uncle Tony...+Lana Testa's dad my uncle Arthur, +Anne Barron's and +Harry Ingle's father, my uncle Harry and Uncle Peter DeCenzo, father to a big family including +Nancy Zina, +David DeCenzo, and many more...they came home, with medals and wounds, but they all came home!  We lost many local men, our family was LUCKY!  The sadness for those lost will always be with me.  We should never forget that brutal war, that is fading now from the world we know...but that war preserved our freedom, our Democracy and the Republic!

No comments:

Post a Comment