Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Higher Call ....Small Town America Framingham

When we went to  the Memorial School on Hollis Street In Framingham, Mass, in the long ago, we learned to recite each day the Pledge Allegiance to the flag.  We learned to recite from memory the Gettysburg Address.  I sat in class and wondered how any country could make war.  Who was this man who could lead his country into war.  The word Nazi became a term of hate for the people who would cause a world war.  To this day, I continue to examine what , when, how, why.  Then I noticed this book, in one of the reviews.  I immediately read the Amazon.com information on the book and my throat tightened.  Here after all these years was the first human story I had discovered about the "other side".
A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II


Zoom

A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II [Kindle Edition]

Adam Makos , Larry Alexander



 

No comments:

Post a Comment