Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Neighborhood "kids" from Waushakum in the 40's

Small Town America, Framingham   by Madlyn Fafard

A note from my cousin + Paul DeCenzo, reminded me of our friends.among  his comments was  "A great read."

 Paul goes on to expand some of the story about Gino and about + Peter J. Cronan, son of  Rosemarie and Puchy Augustini, who was mentioned in the book.  Peter was adopted by Chuck Cronan.
I hope Paul will put his comments on my Amazon.com book review site, for all to share...I will probably post it here too at a later date.

The friends that grew up in Waushakum, the south end of Framingham at the time of my book. ( I know I missed some,) but here is a brave attempt to  bring back memories for some of you who remember the time.

My thanks to my cousin + Paul De Cenzo, who provided his list, this is Paul's list, and mine will be added to it.

Georgie and Charlie Porcello, Dodie ( Dom) and Ann Marie Pasquantonio, Florence Pezzoni, +Jimmy Merloni, Ray Agostinelli,+ Gordon Burdick, Rocky and Tap Palumbo, +Scampy McLaughlin, +Ray Nanatovich, +Bobby Gimskie, +Al Nix,+ Frankie Pizzeri, Pete Fox, +Albie Fiorito, +Bobby Thomas, +Fran Arnold, +Tampy Porter, Gino Salti, +Donny Blizzard, Dickie Seariac,+ Dickie Dzindolet, +Mario Bartolini, Madlyn Pizzeri,+ Roy St. John,+ Calvin Broom.

My additions are, Madeline and Marie Piccinini, Ed Fox, +Bill Fox, Lorraine and Virginia Rossi Lussier,  Jeanne and +Dorothy Scansaroli,  +Arlene Scansaroli Chao, Kenny Guglielmo,+ Michael Goliormella, Robert Seriac, +Georgie Babb, +Joanie Hislop,the Curtis boys, Rita Augustinelli, +Phil Read,+ Madeline Dzindolet, +Carol Nanotovich,  +Jerry Metzger, Frank Snow.+Robert DeCenzo, Rita Roteilli,+ Marco Rotelli, Benny Bartolini +James Merloni

    I know I am missing some forgive me if I left out your name, it could be temporary, because some names are on the tip of my tongue but won't quite make it out..so...let me know who I missed..  We had a wonderful neighborhood full of kids, there was always some activity either at the ball field ( an empty lot ) or in the woods ( another empty lot) both on Guild Road or at someone's yard.   Just beyond us at the north side of Waushakum pond, was +Mary Ann Morgan,+ Carol Ahearn
+Richard Rotelli,+Fred Bartolussi, +Harriet Lemchen Miller, +Henry Belloli, Mary Ann Morgan, +Joan Merusi Celloria, the Macura's...who remembers their first names...?
 and traveling up Hollis Street, +Mary Main Shaw,+Charles Hickson,+Jay Lander,

Just think about it, it seems like almost every house had children.

No comments:

Post a Comment