Saturday, December 29, 2012

AVIATION ART HANGAR - A Higher Call by John Shaw (B-17 Flying Fortress, Bf109)

AVIATION ART HANGAR - A Higher Call by John Shaw (B-17 Flying Fortress, Bf109)  Here is the famous painting of  A Higher Call, the book I just read.  It is a spectacular book, the Germans flying against the Americans had human feelings too, as illustrated by this act of courage that saved the lives of the crew and gave life to all their descendants.  I could not pick up the other three books I have been reading, on and off, after I read this book. I need to find another book that will keep me so enthralled. I looked on my Kindle and  decided it is time to visit the bookstore, and browse , hold and handle....  What I notice about the Kindle is that the title of the book loses importance, as you don't see the title enough to remember the name of what you are reading...Also, I like to hold the book and I like to know that I own some of the books.  Books make a great decoration in your home, they are there for you on quiet days, to recall, to browse and enjoy.  Don't you think so? 

No comments:

Post a Comment