Friday, August 2, 2013

Small Town Framingjham and now a comic strip of our thoughts as children

100. CARL SAGAN: Pale blue dot   Growing up in Framingham, Mass...it was not much different in most small towns around the country.   As a child walking to school from the Ashland line on Hollis Street to the Memorial School, I jumped the sidewalk lines with Madeline and Marie, Arlene and Lorraine, we called the lines in the concrete sidewalk.... something to do with the Devil....I looked at the trees and wondered if they "died" in the fall and came back to life, could we?  It was frustrating to a child to think these thoughts and find no answers within, and then to ask Mom and get no satisfactory answer either!  If as Mom said, there was a God, why couldn't I know him ?

I sat on the fireplace my father built of stone in our yard, at 604 Hollis Street, looking at the stars, wondering why we were here as  people on this planet earth.  Were we here for a reason?  What could that reason be?  Was it special ?

Was there a mission for each of us?  If not?  Why in the world were we here, and why was I here?
In the awesome moment, I felt that there must be a God, an overall plan for this majesty in the sky, and the wonder of the world being populated.....

It took me a long time to figure it out...and when I stop and think about it, it is awesome that we can't see it sooner.  Everything is about lessons in love, because love is the biggest heart/soul filling emotion in the world.  Stop and think about it. what do I know?  We have searched for the answer for centuries, helped by a few outstanding people of the world, who preached the message of LOVE!

This came to me today because last week, I read about another little girl who had the same thoughts as realization set in for her, too!  We know we are not alone in these thoughts, everyone thinks them at one time or another....  It is such a magnificent scheme, one can't help but wonder through out life at this wonderful spectacle we are part of, and what have we got to lose to try and practice encompassing love.

Framingham, was truly a special place for growing up, but so was the whole country, at the end of the 2nd World War...so much happened in that period, that spurred me to write my little book, "Snall Town America, Framingham"    Everyone that grew up in the period, no matter where in the country once they read my book tell me, yes!  I felt it and knew it too!  We lived in a very special time!

No comments:

Post a Comment