Monday, May 27, 2013

Small Town Framingham, and the tunnel under Grand Central Station

Many years ago, when I was growing up in Framingham, Mass., I wondered who I would someday marry .  I never wondered beyond that to my children or my grandchildren, does anyone?  I am sure some do....  Then one day I woke up ........ I had grandchildren ....my oldest grandson, Alexander Gow, is living in New York , working on "the tunnel' as a concrete safety engineer.  He graduated from Wentworth in Boston, Mass. The first year, when my newly graduated grandson told me he was working underground, I was really worried, but time has helped me handle that.....then he told me  that the "sandhogs", called him  "hey kid!"  The sandhogs are the great big men who work as laborers in the tunnel, big from the type of work they do all day....I wondered if they would squash him, but he has managed to get through that too!  (He is about 6'5" and slender...)  So a shout out ... Hey Alex...keep that tunnel safe!   Here is the link to the tunnel scene underground in New York.

http://video.wired.com/watch/the-window-nyc-subway-east-side-access?c=browse&per_page=200&page=2

No comments:

Post a Comment