Saturday, February 23, 2013

Small Town Framingham, thoughts from Sun Valley Seranade

One of my favorite movies from the culture I grew up in, was Sun Valley Seranade.   Sonya Henie and Esther Williams were the models for little girls. I wanted so much to be a great skater, or swimmer.  The music was so beautiful, the times were unforgettable, it is hard to explain, you had to live in the America of the mid- 1940's and early 1950's to know how the world was so full of hope.  I think that is what the word is that describes the times, we were so happy to have won the war, that it was over and we could get back to making the world a better place for all of us....and we believed that was our job, to get out there and do things that created a better world for all.  My professor at Framingham State, said, "We have to climb the ladder and make room for those who follow behind."  I believed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment