Sunday, January 20, 2013

Small Town Framingham Burke and Galvani

A note from +Richard Burke whose family owned Burkes garage on Rt 9 ,  many years ago, near St Patrick's church.  Here is his note...

Hi guys,

I saw an obituary in the Boston Globe of Madeline's ( Galvani) recent passing at the age of 97. She was the wife of Francis, the AD, football coach and math teacher at our FHS. She was an avid fan of the Flyers and BC football, and an active parishioner of St Tarcisius Church. This will bring back many good memories. When the Thanksgiving game is played in Framingham, I call the non-emergency line at the FPD and ask "who won the game?" The last two years an Officer Galvani answered the phone. I asked him this Nov. if he were related to our Frank. He is a cousin, I think. I thanked him and the Galvanis for their long service to our town.

Dick


As you can see it is hard to forget the special people that made up " our town " a special memory for coach and math teacher, Francis Galvani.  I too remember  him well, also Virginia and Lena, the Galvani sisters, who worked with me at Ken's Steak House in the long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment